Saturday, March 26, 2011

T'ocs Ihsaw

The final monster of Relentless Dungeon, is Scott Washington, the game's creator.
I was told to draw full plate armor, and I focused on the larger pieces so the layered plates didn't too closely resemble the overlapping scales on the Lizardman. I believe the muscled breastplate is Roman.  Scott's D&D character wears an intimidating skull mask like T'ocs. Though I tried desperately to avoid similarities between my monsters that went beyond common style, I enjoy T'ocs skull mask as a throwback to the Skeleton monster. T'ocs is such a tough SOB that he'd take part of another monster as a trophy/armor.




Influences: Vlad's armor in Bram Stoker's Dracula, glass armor in TES Oblivion, Juggernaut Armor in Dragon Age: Origins, Ned Kelly

Here's T'ocs without the mask, with Scott's face underneath:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love these last three monsters =D... I really did chuckle out loud--- uh, chuckle in FEAR that is because they are so intimidating, yes. Your style has improved from the start to the finish of this set of artwork, great job! I'll bet you're faster too. I wish I were a monster =(.

I think you should have more of T'ocs' face uncovered, maybe an eye?

ChocSushi said...

Wahaha. awesome.