Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lizardman

#4 out of 20 monsters for Every 36 Hours. I spent longer than usual on this one as I went through a few iterations of what my lizard-man would look like.

I tried to keep him different from the other monsters. The goblin was a yellow green so I kept the lizardman a bluer-green. The lizardman walks on the soles of his feet as several of my other monsters already walked on toes or were fully digitigrade. I colored the center parts dull grays because yellow is overdone for reptilian monsters, like the Ninja Turtles. I'm not satisfied with my decision to have scales on the lower half and spots on the upper half.


As I describe him to my roommate:
Me: "Half man, half lizard. All danger."
Jason: "But what about when it's cold out?"
Me: "..."

Influences: Argonian from Oblivion, Kobolds and lizardfolk from D&D, Killer Croc from Batman, Gorn from Star Trek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, these are getting better all the time. Nice job keeping up the pace... 1/5th of the way there!

The colors are really saturated on this guy, though. It's not a bad thing, but this lizard is really going to stick out in a "lineup".

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Looking good. I'd start putting a drop shadow under your characters to ground them more.